Gmail is a free, advertising-supported email service developed by Google used by over 1.2 billion users worldwide.
If you have a Gmail account, then there is a 99% chance that you will also have either Google Drive or File Stream account if you are a GSuite user because on May 13, 2013, Google announced the overall merge of storage across Gmail, Google Drive, and Google+ Photos, allowing users 15 gigabytes of included storage among the three services.
You can now backup every application you installed with Softaculous to your Google Drive and here is how to do that:
- Visit Softaculous Enduser -> Edit Settings -> Click on Add Backup Location
- Select Protocol as Google Drive and fill in the location name and backup location.
Please note that if you leave the Backup Location empty, Softaculous will create the backups in a default directory in your Google Drive account. Depending on how you planned your Google Drive, you probably should enter a backup location so that a folder will be created in that location.
- Submit the form by clicking on the button Add Backup Location.
- On form submission, you will be prompted to authorize Softaculous to access your Google Drive. Enter your Google Drive login details.
- Next, you will be prompted to allow (or cancel) access to Softaculous Auto Installer in your Google Drive account.
- You will be then be redirected back to the Softaculous page with the backup location added successfully in your End user panel.
Google Drive backup location has been added successfully but with everything back up, always confirm.