You can backup your installations to Dropbox directly.
The following guide will show you how to add Dropbox backup location in Softaculous.
- Go to Softaculous Enduser -> Edit Settings -> Click on Add Backup Location.
- Select Protocol as Dropbox and fill in the backup name.
- Click on the Authorize button to authorize your Dropbox account with Softaculous. You will be redirected to a series of Dropbox Authorization steps as shown in the screen-shots below.
- Enter the login details of your Dropbox account.
- You will be next prompted to allow (or deny) access to Softaculous Auto Installer APP in your Dropbox account.
- Once you click on Allow, you will be provided with a code which you have to copy and paste in the Auth Code field of the Softaculous Add Backup Location Form.
- Backup Location (Optional): If you want to set a separate directory for your backups inside Softaculous App directory, you can specify the same here, e.g. /wordpress. If left empty, backups will be stored in the Softaculous App directory itself.
- Click on Add Backup Location button to add the location in Softaculous.